• Boutique aged care in the country

Frequently Asked Questions

Once I’ve Move Into An Aged Care Home, Will The Accommodation Costs Change?

No. The accommodation price that you agree to before moving into an aged care home will remain fixed and there are three options for making this payment – a refundable deposit, an equivalent daily payment or a combination of the two.

Once you move into our aged care home, you have up to 28 days to decide which payment option you wish to make.

If you wish to make a combined refundable deposit and daily payment, you have the option of deducting the daily payment from the deposit. When you make this choice, the overall amount of your accommodation payment will not change but the amount of your daily payment will increase as your refundable deposit reduces.

How Does The Means Tested Care Fee Work?

If your income is higher than the basic full pension rate and/or your combined assets are above a set threshold, you will be asked to contribute to the cost of your care.

No one will be asked to pay more than $25,000 in one year or more than $60,000 over their lifetime.

How Does This Fee Relate To My Accommodation Payments?

The way you choose to pay for your accommodation will impact how you contribute to the cost of your care. For example:

  • If you wish, you can deduct your Means Tested Care Fee from a refundable accommodation deposit.
  • If you decide to pay a refundable deposit, this amount will be included in the assessment of your assets, which is used to determine your means tested care fee.
  • If you choose to rent out your former home and use rental income to pay a daily accommodation payment, the value of your former home will be capped at $144,500 for the purposes of determining your means tested care fee.

Is There Help For People Who Are Financially Disadvantaged?

Yes. No matter what your financial circumstances are, Amaroo Aged Care has a place for anyone who needs care. And if you are unable to contribute towards your accommodation costs, the Government will pay an accommodation supplement on your behalf.

How Do I Know If I Am Eligible For The Government’s Accommodation Supplement?

To see if you are able to receive the accommodation, you can complete an income and assets test through Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs.

What About Existing Residents?

Residents who entered an aged care home before 1 July 2014 will have no changes in the way they contribute towards for their care and accommodation, unless their needs change and they enter a new residential agreement after this date.

What Happens To My Refundable Deposit If I Move Out Of An Aged Care Home?

If you have paid a refundable accommodation deposit on entering an aged care home, it will be returned to you when you leave the home. If you have deducted daily accommodation payments or other payments, such as the means-tested care fee, the balance of your refundable deposit will be returned to you.